Shift pattern: You will work an average of a maximum of 5 days per week covering early, late and night shifts
No two hours are the same, let alone two days when you’re a Cargo Handling Agent at Heathrow . We handle an incredible variety of items from fresh veg to historic antiques, life-saving medicines to priceless works of art. This is hands-on work in a fast paced, buzzing environment. The team takes take pride in doing every job right for our customers.
What you’ll do as a Cargo Handling Agent – Warehouse
* Receiving, inspecting and dispatching freight, completing documents and maintaining records.
* Building and breaking freight using different equipment and devices. Doing everything you can to ensure nothing gets damaged.
* Using your initiative to get results safely – there are some tricky logistical challenges sometimes.
What you need to join us
* A good level of physical fitness (machinery takes care of heavier lifting).
* A resilient approach and a knack for thinking constructively to find practical solutions.
* The ability to work early, late or night shifts covering 24 hours a day, all year round.
* Excellent communication skills and a good standard of written and spoken English.
* You will join on the pay, shift pattern, shift pay and contract terms and conditions of the Cargo Handling Agent role
* You will need to be referenced for a airside pass
* You will need to undertake and pass a medical and security interview at Waterside before joining
* You will take part in training before you join the role and will need to pass this training