Business Development Manager
Salary – £30k – £40k depending on experience plus car allowance & Bonus scheme
Our client are a rapidly expanding Logistics company with 5 offices around the UK. They are looking for a Business Development Manager with International logistics experience , preferably within European Full and Part Loads experience to join their team based in Stockport.
Working within the International Logistics arena, you will be responsible for the following:
– Developing and generating new leads from businesses that might have import / export transport requirements.
– Arranging and attending meetings to introduce the business and develop relationships with prospect customers.
– Managing the on boarding of customers to ensure a smooth transition until the account is passed on to an internal account manager.
– Developing strong relationships with international suppliers to gain the best commercial rates and sourcing new suppliers.
– Updating and populating the CRM system and providing weekly reports.
They are looking for someone with experience in sales and business development on a business-to-business basis within the Freight Forwarding arena.
You must be target driven, commercially minded and customer focused with a can-do attitude and not afraid to pick up the phone to make cold calls.
You must have an excellent telephone manner and be able to work well under pressure and communicate with other people both internally and externally. Experience in Freight Forwarding is essential.
If you are looking for a rewarding career within an exciting, established and growing company who can offer excellent career progression opportunities