Our client is a well-established freight forwarding and logistics specialist employing 45,000 employees in more than 80 countries they work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles.
We are now looking due to expansion for a Business Development Manager based at their Manchester branch to cover the North West territory to sell and promote worldwide freight forwarding services
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company committed to providing quality, innovative value and logistics services.
Main Purpose of the role
*To win new business and work to agreed budget targets.
*To strengthen market position by locating, developing, defining, promoting, negotiating, and securing new business by closing the sale. You will develop and maintain Air an Sea freight services to existing and potential clients
* Actively promote and develop Air & Sea's services within the Yorkshire region.
* Complete sales reports manage your own Pipeline reports in accordance with the company quality procedures in our CRM system ((url removed)).
* Calculate and submit freight quotations and tenders efficiently and follow up accordingly, within the defined company format.
* Communicate and distribute all successful sea and air freight quotations
* Complete sales reports, customer profile reports in accordance with the company quality procedures.
* Achieve agreed or given targets/deadlines as directed by the Sales and Marketing Director.
* Ensure legislative compliance in all areas.
* Liaise closely with Market Managers and staff at the relevant location and establish a close working relationship.
* Maintain a high standard of personal presentation at all times to enhance company profile.
* Provide statistics/analysis as defined/required.
* Maintain appropriate knowledge of competition and marketplace activity, reporting back any trends or developments Work Experience
* The ideal candidate will have a Freight sales background and have sold air and sea freight services
* A result orientated, hardworking, self- starter who has a good understanding of the Logistics industry with strong closing skills.
* A positive thinker, you are the kind of individual who constantly challenges yourself to exceed expectations and is not easily deterred from achieving goals.
* Excellent interpersonal & administration skills with accurate pipeline forecasting.
* Ability to communicate at all levels within the business, good persuasive and negotiation skills.
* Excellent processing & time management skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
If you have a freight sales background, drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, this is an excellent opportunity for you
Salary £28,000 – £40,000 dependent upon experience
Car or Car Allowance
Bonus, commission, Car, Pension