Air Freight Manager – Colnbrook – Up to £50,000
This global freight forwarder are looking for an Air Freight Manager to come in and oversee and manage the Air Freight operations in the country.
The Air Freight Manager will have the knowledge and experience of the commercial aspect in addition to the operational aspects of freight forwarding.
Monday to Friday – 8:30am to 5:30pm
Salary: Up to £50,000
* Understand and execute the departments vision of good business development
* Complete all Import/Export jobs correctly and on time including financial, legal and invoicing transactions
* Correctly complete all customs import/export declaration forms on Airfreight
* Manage the process for the whole UK, checking documentation authorizing shipments submitting reds import declarations.
* Assist the in delivering a training programme to all new starters in airfreight and customs when asked to
* Complete ad-hoc and spot checks on customer entries and submit reports to line manager weekly
* Maintain and utilise the operational system at all times
* Maintain regular communication with sales teams reporting new sales leads and handover of shipments
* Create new and maintain current SOPs for the department
* Communicate quotations to the line manager/sales team and ensure all quotations are recorded on the system in one format
* Implement and improve new efficiencies in customer workflow
* Ensure all reports are generated by given deadlines
* Line manage the day to day workflow of department staff measuring activities on a monthly basis
* Accurately complete all invoicing for imports, exports and clients
* Follow up late customer payments in conjunction with credit control
* Ensure all duties/VAT is charged correctly upon invoicing and collect any monies due in line with SOPs
* Maintain excellent customer and inter-departmental relationships at all times
* Provide holiday and sickness cover as required
* Ensure insurances are charged correctly and any insurance claims are handed to line manager without delay
* Experience in Air Freight within a managerial role
* Freight forwarding background
* UK Experience ONLY
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy