An ACCOUNT MANAGER role with a small element of Sales has arisen to work one of the world's leading Air Cargo and Express Wholesaler companies based from home covering the whole of the YORKSHIRE area with a focus on LEEDS, BRADFORD, SHEFFIELD, DONCASTER, ROTHERHAM, WAKEFIELD, BARNSLEY , HALIFAX , CASTLEFORD etc and other places where Freight Forwarders are based.
You will be based from home with an office facility in MANCHESTER with a remit to conduct daily sales visits to our clients customer base with a view to promoting the company's products and tariffs. A key focus is to target new customers and also new business from its existing clients. An important aspect is the gathering of feedback from the market in terms of service satisfaction and competitiveness
The company mainly offer Air Freight Wholesale Services to Freight Forwarders but they also can offer an excellent Air Express Courier and Road Service too. The Sales role will be both new business and existing business development. You will need to work on your own initiative and be a self starter. Previous Airline, Air Freight Forwarding , International Courier or GSA background is essential as is experience out on the role seeing customers face to face.
You will have the support of a sales co-ordinator based in Manchester and Heathrow who will make some appointments and provide admin support.
The territory covers the whole of the YORKSHIRE area
Overview & responsibilities:
* Conduct external Sales visits
* Make telesales calls
* Using tools available secure new business throughout the entire product range
* Resolve any customer service issues arising and delegate where necessary
* Provide feedback via internal reporting relating to market rates, volume levels, competitor activities & service levels.
* Monitor and review business levels from assigned customer base and follow up new or lost business in a timely manner
* Process and follow up credit applications in a timely manner
* Maintain assigned customer database/mailing list
* Administrative tasks as required
* Participation in special events
* Undertake special tasks when required
* Sales Experience essential, preferably within the Airfreight Industry
* Ability to discuss and negotiate complex issues in a clear manner
* Good interpersonal skills with the ability to create & develop loyalty among the clients customer base
* Ability to work in a targeted environment
* A high degree of initiative and self-sufficiency with good time management
* Ability to delegate and track tasks
* Full, clean driving licence essential
Car and Commisssion